John A. Mancuso
- Municipal Law
- Land Use and Zoning
- Real Estate
- Business, Commercial and Appellate Litigation
John A. Mancuso received his undergraduate degree from Ithaca College and law degree from Syracuse University College of Law. Previously, Mr. Mancuso was a partner of Harris Beach PLLC in Rochester, New York, where he was a member of the Commercial Real Estate Practice Group and led the Land Use and Zoning practice at the firm. In 2019, Mr. Mancuso formed the Rochester office of the Firm, which provides services in the areas of municipal law, land use and zoning, environmental law, business, commercial, and appellate litigation, commercial real estate and immigration.
Mr. Mancuso focuses his practice on municipal law, land use and zoning, including reviews undertaken pursuant to the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA), and real estate, business and commercial, and appellate litigation. Notably, Mr. Mancuso has acted as special litigation counsel for the Town of Brighton in the successful defense of numerous legal challenges to the development of a Whole Foods in Brighton, New York, including obtaining a favorable verdict after a 22-day bench trial. Mr. Mancuso was also land use and zoning counsel for del Lago Resort & Casino, a $425 million casino development in Tyre, New York. Currently, Mr. Mancuso serves as attorney for the Town of Brighton, Village of Fairport, Village of Scottsville, Town of Riga Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals, and the Village of Churchville Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals. Mr. Mancuso is also special litigation and land use counsel to several municipalities in New York State, and counsels his municipal clients with respect to employment disciplinary matters, and related litigation and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Mancuso also regularly counsels clients with respect to property, title and boundary disputes, and lakefront boundary and access issues, and assists in the areas of title examination, and real estate and financing transactions.
While in law school, Mr. Mancuso served as an extern for the Honorable David G. Larimer, United States District Judge for the Western District of New York. Mr. Mancuso also previously served as a lecturer of Real Estate Law at Ithaca College. Mr. Mancuso resides in Rochester, New York with his family (wife – Katie, son – Anthony, and daughter – Adelyn).
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Ithaca College
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York Super Lawyers 2014-2023®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Land Use/Zoning, Civil Litigation: Defense, and Real Estate: Business
- Co-Author, New York Appellate Practice (published by LexisNexis)
- Harris Beach PLLC, Rochester, New York, Partner
- Harris Beach PLLC, Rochester, New York, Associate
- Honorable David G. Larimer, United States District Judge for the Western District of New York, Extern